twitter
    LiFePO4 Battery Wholesale Supplies

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

CPAP Battery Kit for ResMed Air 10 & S9 Series

I used on my ResMed S9 Elite, using the recommended tricks (no humidifier; turn to CPAP in settings rather than "Auto," and I got two nights sleep before battery stopped (6.8 hours and 8.8 hours; so 15.6 hours of run time at 7.0cm setting. It does take a bit longer to charge than I had hoped, but that could be because it was new. People on blogs recommended testing out a bunch of variations of settings before your really NEED this battery, and I did. With "Auto" and my humidifier, I got just under 5 hours before a dead battery. So how you use this will make all the difference in the world. If I had more time (my fault) before my trip, I would have gotten two (with the pigtail connector) and/or the solar panel recharger. I suspect that I could have recharged each day and stretch a single battery into 3 or maybe even four nights with no access to real electricity.

I bought this for a 3 week RV trip to Alaska. There were several nights we had to dry camp and had no power hookups. This devise worked perfectly. I slept 6 to 8 hours a night and always had at least half battery life left. In the morning I would plug it into my truck before we got back on the road and it was fully recharged when we stopped again for the night. I can not sleep without my CPAP, this made it possible for me and my wife to be able to enjoy our Alaska adventure.

It works. Easy to use. As a heads up, if you have a humidifier w/ your cpap, you need to disconnect it. Otherwise the battery lasts 2 hours. Turning off the humidifier doesn't really extend the battery life - you have to disconnect the humidifier. It's not a big deal, except that my cpap uses a different hose depending on whether the humidifier is hooked up or not. If you've got a Resmed and you're going to use your battery, make sure you've got a "no humidifier" hose. But, the battery itself worked great. (I used it overnight twice. Charged it before each use - haven't tried to go more than one night on a charge.)

Absolutely perfect! Received on time, packaging was good, all contents intact and in good shape. The battery came charged to about 50%, so I used the AC charger and it came up to full charge in about 2 hours. Used it that night on my S9 with the humidity turned off, and 10-14cmH2O of pressure set and the unit ran for 10.5 hours that night and the battery still had 1 light left on in the morning when I got up (15% or less charge remaining according to the booklet). I also tried the battery pack and the other connectors out on charging my Nook and my cell phone which it did with no problems. The best part for me was that I was able to charge the battery back up using my PowerAdd 40W folding solar panel in just over 5 hours on a partly cloudy day. The case is great and it has room to carry extra equipment. I purchased (separately) an adapter cord to go from 12v power point in my vehicle to the battery, that plus another 10000mAh battery pack and a 12v battery jumper cable to 12v cigarette plug all fit in the carrying case and there is still room for more equipment. I'm going to purchase the 2nd battery to extend my run time (the case will hold 2 batteries).

The kit comes with the 2 battery pigtail and according to the booklet that will give me a 2-4 day between charges run time. If you need to, you can pack only the necessary cables and the battery inside the S9 carrying case and you can get away with carrying only 1 bag. But the kit is pretty small on its own and unless you are space restricted it shouldn't be a burden. What the kit doesn't come with but there is room to add is a USB charger. However you can throw a USB charger from your car and use the supplied 12V plug and now you have a USB charging system.

No comments:

Post a Comment