I am amazed! I heard this radio was small, did not think it would be anything to brag about...WOW was I wrong! This little thing is more, a lot more than I thought it would be! Lost my internet connection at the house during a bad storm in East Texas. I had no way to see what was going on, but because of this little radio, we knew to take shelter. During the spring you have to know what the weather is doing, it could cost you your life. No it's not fancy, but it does everything I need. Thanks Ironsnow for making an affordable weather radio that works great!
I got my radio in the mail, right on time and was surprised not only to have the hand crank charger, but it also has a great solar charger, as well as a charger that I can plug into my computer. I was completely satisfied with that, but then when I realized that it also has an outgoing charger for my phone, that was the icing on the cake. I would recommend this little radio for anybody needing an emergency radio for weather or whatever emergency that may come to pass. The flashlight seems to work well, but haven't actually needed it yet. My mother saw this radio and decided that she is going to order one for herself, as well. It's really cute!
I wanted an emergency radio for the emergency kit in the back of my car because I like to go camping/hiking and it's always smart to have something like this anyway in the case of bad weather, etc. I was surprised by how great this compact little radio works! The light is EXTREMELY bright and would be great during a roadside emergency, the weather radio worked instantly (before I even lifted the antenna) and the signal got better as I raised it. The hand crank works, but you're going to need a partner to switch off with if you need more than a little power at a time. However, if I were in an emergency and needed a few minutes of cell phone time, I'm quite sure this would work. Honestly, for this price point, I am thinking of getting a few more for friends/family! It's just perfect!
This actually came in handy when I was in Houston visiting family last week....had a huge storm come thru over night, dropped 5 inches of rain per hour and the power went out Sunday about 10:30pm and did not come back on until Wednesday at 7pm, and we used the iRonsnow Emergency radio to not only listen to the weather and local stations for updates. Since the power was out and our vehicles were underwater, we only had the device to charge our phones.


No comments:
Post a Comment