twitter
    LiFePO4 Battery Wholesale Supplies

Monday, September 12, 2016

Portable Solar Generator Ac Power Supply Energy Storage Power Station

I work for an outdoor retailer so I was very familiar with UFO ENERGY and their products, but this thing blew me away. It is big and heavy like a car battery, but the handle is comfortable and rock solid. I ran a full workstation PC on this guy for 8 hours and still had 60% battery remaining. They take a while to charge, even plugged into the wall, but once it is full this thing can go all day long. Very impressive, I bought two thinking I was going to need a backup for the PC, but it was not necessary, used one on one day and used another on the next, both performed very well.
This unit was originally purchased to power a C-Pap machine on our camping trips where we don't have a power hook up. What we didn't realize is that when it is not being used for the C-Pap machine we use it to charge our cell phones, camera batteries, play our music with our cell phones and Pandora. We typically charge it during the day either by power or with a solar charger so it is always full to provide all the power we need. When we cant charge it in between, we have found the C-Pap machine can run for at least 3 nights (8 hours each) of power. This is a must piece of equipment for anyone in their own camper or car when travelling. We feel it is too heavy to pack in a suitcase to take on a cruise or a plane.

This was just the system I was looking for. When fully charged (overnight) with AC input, the battery charged an iPhone and iPad quickly and came back up to full shortly. The read-out is clear and simple, also backlit. The ability to input through solar and AC is just what I need. Output through DC, two USB ports or two AC ports is amazing. The Nomad 20 topped off the storage in bright sun easily. The battery is to be kept dry so I'll have to get a box for it for boat use. This is my introduction to solar energy and I'm glad I started with the kit and well-rated products. I'll update this review after a trip to Lake Superior where I'll be charging a Torqeedo 1003 outboard motor battery from the Yeti 400.

Update: This set worked as planned on the big lake last summer. The Torqeedo did use appreciable energy when powering a 19' aluminum sport boat at top speed. However, I plan to use the motor at low speed on a kayak with outrigger and only as a backup to paddling or sailing. I now have two Yeti 400s and four Nomad 20s to capture solar energy quickly for various uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment