twitter
    LiFePO4 Battery Wholesale Supplies

Sunday, September 18, 2016

What Getting Older Looks Like

For me, my parents refused to get me a console, as it was a "bad habit I should not develop for when I'm older". They should've really got me one because now that I'm an adult, the biggest reason I game is because I was deprived of it for so many years!!! So I always have the time and money to game, NO. MATTER. WHAT.One time I went into work for a closing shift (11:30-7:30) and there was a ton of stock that needed to be put away and the morning crew had barely touched it. I knocked out everything in about an hour and my manager asked me what I had for breakfast. I proudly responded "two ice cream sandwhiches."

From this comment we could practically be the same person. My dad would always say kids should be outside exploring and not inside playing crap. I used to love going to my friends house because he could play for as long as he wanted whenever he wanted. Here I am at 25 and I try to squeeze in as much gaming time as possible.I think this depends on the age / financial situation you're in. I have a decent amount of PS2 games (high school for me), a shit ton of 360 games (single adult), and don't own any new console (wife, mortgage, kid).
I can definitely relate to that. I got Fallout 4 for Christmas last year and still have yet to open it. I feel really bad too because it's clearly a gift that was purchased with a lot of thought for me, but I just haven't had the time yet with 50 other games on my backlog.If you ever got some time to kill you should play it. Not sure what its like on consoles but I've played it on PC and its the most fun I've had in years.I bought my XB1 almost 2 years ago. COD and Destiny. COD is still unopened. I bought star wars battlefront, loaded it onto the hard drive, and never played it. Destiny has sucked in my soul, and I have yet to find a way to release it. (Smite kept me busy for a few months)

This situation is even worse for ppl who are/were achievement whores. I used to be one. There are sooo many games I could've gotten to if I hadn't pursued the Gears Seriously achievements or CoD's Go Get Some Sun or or grindy achievements that forced you to spend untold hours into the game when you're trying to juggle life and entertainment.I'm playing for the second time, (first time past the gorons though) and once you get past the 2nd temple it speeds up. I very nearly quit this time because of the opening. I thought Skyward had a long intro but TP has an intro longer than a lotr movie... its def worth it to push through though.

No comments:

Post a Comment