twitter
    LiFePO4 Battery Wholesale Supplies

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

CPAP Battery -New Longest Life LifePo4 Battery!

I took this battery on a Cub Scout camping trip, and it lasted through 3 nights of use (20-ish hours) with one of the four charge lights still lit afterward.

The camp itself rented "CPAP batteries" converted from marine batteries with inverters attached that weighed at least 40 pounds, were enclosed in huge plywood cases (dropped off in a golf cart), and which had to be recharged every night. I was told they had cost $175 each to make, but at 2-3x the effective charge-time, and small enough to fit into a cargo-pants pocket, I think this battery is a much better deal at twice the price! Plus I expect to get a lot of use out of it!

Note that I did NOT use my humidifier (not needed outdoors anyhow), as that probably wouldn't have let it last more than one night. That did require me to also buy an unheated hose that would directly connect my mask to the pump without the humidifier in-between.

At home, I just leave it plugged in with my full CPAP setup attached as a sort of battery backup. That way I don't have to worry about charging it before sudden trips.I needed something to power my CPAP machine while camping. With a full charge, I was able to get 20 hours of operation - 2 1/2 nights worth at 8hrs/night. Not a great option if you're planning to backpack for several days but it's great for a few nights or if you have access to power for recharging. The fact that you have to use your machine's power supply is a little cumbersome but I knew that from the reviews so I wasn't surprised. Overall, it served my purpose very well so I can recommend this.

I was looking at batteries to take with me on an overnight trip to London and I have to say that I debated the purchase for a long time before purchasing it because it is very expensive. I read that the battery can also be kept on your machine as a back up battery in case of a power failure. A week after looking into the batteries, we had a power outage during a storm and my CPAP machine went off in the middle of the night. Waking up choking on a dead CPAP machine and one night with no CPAP made the decision to buy the battery an easy one. Now I don't have the anxiety of "what happens now" if we have another power outage and can sleep peacefully knowing that the battery will kick in if needed.

I did use the battery for my trip overseas and it was a simple and effective fix for an older plane with no power outlets at your seat (and worked out significantly less than an upgrade would have cost me). I do fly overseas on overnight flights often enough that I knew I would use this battery and make it cost effective, but I didn't realize how handy it would be to have on a regular basis. I used the battery to charge up my phone during my flight delays, and bring it with me when I need to keep multiple electronics charged while on the road (kids and their tablets, games, etc). The flashlight is handy to have during power outages too.

Hotels have a habit of putting power outlets across the room from the bed and this has saved me the problem of needing an extension cord for a hotel room if I can't reach the outlets. I can just charge it up while I'm out all day then use the battery at night. The battery fits in the front pouch of my CPAP travel bag or I put it in my carry on. I've not experienced any issues bringing it onboard an aircraft, though I do keep a notice from the company stating that it is in compliance with airline regulations and safe to use in flight with me at all times.

I know some people have complained that it does not come with a power cord, but I like the setup. You charge this battery with your CPAP power supply then you plug everything in together to use it. Again, using the CPAP power supply just means it's one less thing that I have to pack when I travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment