twitter
    LiFePO4 Battery Wholesale Supplies

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Extreme Rate Lithium Iron Powersports Battery Pack

I love this battery, It takes way less space and it's super super light. It definitely last a lot longer sitting then a traditional battery. I had my bike sitting for a little over 4.5 months this winter and the thing kept firing up. My tradition battery after 3 months you could hear it struggling to crank. Also, with the adapter it back charging this thing so easy! Shaves off some lbs for track days too!

Purchased this battery over 3 years ago for HD XL1200N. It has been the best battery I ever had. I have left my bike sit for a few weeks with the battery in it and it always starts. I occasionally put the battery tender on it if I know it is going to sit for over a month but not always. the one time I did have an issue was when it was cold outside, around 20 degrees and I left it sit for 3 days. but all I did was turn the key to the on position and turn on my lights and after about 5 to 10 minutes I was able to start the bike and be on my way. I was riding for about 40 minutes after that and it was good to go the next time I had to start it. I will definitely be purchasing another when this one runs out.

Weighs a fraction of lead-acid batteries and really spins your motorcycle's starter motor. Can be charged with a conventional charger, by the way, as long as the battery doesn't discharge fully. "Smart" chargers are not recommended, but a straight-up 1 or 2 Amp charger works well for a touch-up midwinter. If you're a sport bike rider who wants to shave a few pounds of weight that is carried high in most motorcycles, you should consider buying this battery.This is actually my second one of these batteries. I bought one to put in my BMW but before I did the battery in the S/O bike died so my battery went into her Suzuki. Yes, it happened to be the same filament replacement. These are high power small size batteries so they can fit a wide range. The first one has been good in her bike for 5 months now and mine for a month so no long term answer yet. Happy with it so far.

Battery is just a bit smaller in physical size, and much lighter. Being that my bike is over 700 pounds, the lightness doesn't matter, but it is. The foam pads to help it fit in the battery holder worked great. I didn't have a proper charger so I tried starting the bike with it as is and if fired right up. I took it out on a couple of 30 mile runs to give a small amount of charge and it worked fine. I did buy the Shorai BMS01 charger and charged it to full capacity. So far, it is working as advertised, the real test will be when it gets cold (below 40°) and I see how it functions (with regards to "warming it up" by having the key in and ignition on so the front light comes on. I will try to remember to update this when winter comes. I also plan on keeping it fully charged each night on the charger.

No comments:

Post a Comment